Sunday, April 19, 2009

Well we spent the weekend re-cladding an old garden shed we are tuning into a play house. Since our children are 1 and 3 my love and I are in serious negotiations about who gets it to hide from the children in it. Right now I'm looking at wifi-hookups... ;p

Anyway I caved and bought a new HD I was looking for an internal but was talked into buying a 1 terrabite external hard drive. The sales pitch as quite simple.

Salesguy (SG). 'You need a 1 terrabite External hard dive.'
Me 'Really where are they?'
SG 'You are standing beside them that's what the tb stands for.'
Me 'Really? Never seen one before. (true.) And I'm not certain about an external HD I have a 3 year old.'
SG 'Enough said that's a story in itself. Want a discount?'
Me 'Of course.'
SG 'How should we list the discount in the computer?'
Me 'Pity.'

So now I have a 1 TB hard drive with a 20% discount off the retail price and I now need to update my ram. Because either I have a USB 2 cord in a USB1 port; or having an external drive actually does slow things down. I'm quite willing to believe the latter because last year I was running two computers with one screen and ohhh it was slow.

Though for the first time in two months I can scrap again. I deleted about 5 gig of unfinished pages duplicates and redundant back ups just to be able to tun my computer on in the morning. Windows is not supposed to run with only 50 meg free memory. It can but xp acts like win 95. I always liked win 95.

Oh and my son turned 1 on Thursday happy birthday sweetie. I can't believe you made it to 1. Just keep it up. Ok? growing exploring. Whinging, laughing, living. And breathing.

1 comment:

  1. Pity sounds to me like the best reason to get a discount! And happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete